Monday 16 November 2015

Meal Planning Monday

So last week turned out quite eventful. On Monday I went to a talk at The Last Tuesday Society, Alice in Wonderland: Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll. Before the talk we went the The Gallery in Bethnal Green for dinner. I ordered one of the specials, Bean Chilli Nachos with Pea Guacamole, which was delicious, my friend had the mushroom risotto, which was huge and delicious too.


Last week at school was Book Week. On Friday everyone dressed up as a book character and we had a parade in Assembly. I dressed up as The Queen of Hearts, although I did manage to say in my staff meeting that morning that I was the Queen of Tarts!


As part of Book Week one of the teachers held a book making workshop in the library, which I joined in with. We made three books and it was great to get some ideas.


On Saturday I went to The Good Food Show at Olympia with my sister. We saw a demonstration by Tom Kerridge, who made mussels, venison with pasta and funnel cake in half an hour!


Then we saw an interview with Paul Hollywood.



I came home with some garlic, a jar of mayonnaise and we had gorgeous sausage rolls and cannoli for lunch.


thought I'd post a picture of my Christmas Cacti which are flowering as the moment as they look so pretty!





















On Sunday my neighbour and I took our neighbour in between out for afternoon tea to celebrate her birthday. We went to Aura Rosa in Walthamstow for one of the best afternoon tea's I have had.




I also made yoghurt flatbread when I got home on Sunday and It went all lovely and puffed up!


This week is fairly busy. I am going to the cinema tomorrow to see Brooklyn, on Friday I am going to an Alice in Wonderland panel discussion at the British Library, on Saturday we are doing Thanksgiving a week early at a friend's house and then on Sunday I am going to the V&A with my Mum to see the Fabric of India exhibition.














Monday

Tuesday
Roasted Carrot Salad with Freekeh Pilaf (Plenty)

Wednesday 

Thursday

Friday 

Saturday 
Buffalo Burger
Out for Thanksgiving meal

Sunday
Out with my mum at Ping Pong

No comments:

Post a Comment