Monday 28 April 2014

Fake Bakes

I had half a celeriac sat in the fridge staring at me, needing to be used and then I remembered the fake bakes that I'd seen on Slice of Slim, a WeightWatchers blog, that was featured in the magazine a couple of months ago. It's a less pointy alternative to potato for those doing WeightWatchers but doesn't scrimp on the taste. You can also prepare swede in the same way. This was really delicious. I served it with a small tin of baked beans and some cheddar grated over the top for a filling dinner.


 
 
Baked Celeriac (from Slice of Slim
(Serves 4)
(0 ProPoints per serving)
 
1 large celeriac
 
Preheat the oven to 220C.
 
Give the celeriac a really good scrub using a vegetable brush, especially if you are going to leave the skin on. Cut into quarters.

Spray with cooking spray and rub into the outside.

Bake for 40-45 mins. Turn a couple of times during cooking so that each side of the celeriac gets a charred appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment