Wednesday 15 August 2012

Artichoke and Ham Pasta

I apologise for the lack of witty remarks or anything really! I'm currently on holiday and as I work in a school I get five weeks. Now this might sound fantastic but by now I'm actually really bored! I have cleaned the house from top to bottom and done almost all the gardening, so thing are not all that exciting at the moment! But I am still cooking, twice a day most of the time, so I have a huge backlog of things to post, hence updating pretty much every day, so I hope you're enjoying it!!

This is a really simple but delicious pasta. I have totally got into artichokes recently and they seem to go really well in pasta dishes. Originally this recipe uses peas but I used broad beans as I had loads of them from the garden, which works just as well!
















Artichoke and Ham Pasta (adapted from www.weightwatchersfoods.co.uk)
(Serves 1)
(7 WW ProPoints per serving)

50g dried tagliatelle
30g broad beans
125g artichokes in salted water, drained and chopped
20g wafer thin cooked ham, chopped
30g reduced fat creme fraiche
1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
1 tsp Parmesan, finely grated

Cook the tagliatelle in boiling water for 8-10 minutes, adding the broad beans for the final 4 minutes.
Drain and return to the pan with the artichokes, ham, creme fraiche, sage, Parmesan cheese.

Stir together and warm through. Season and serve.
You can reheat this pasta dish in the microwave for 3-5 minutes until piping hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment