Monday 28 May 2012

Lunchbox Chicken Curry Pasta

I had a lovely weekend in the sun, I finally got all of my plants in the garden and fingers crossed I'll have a lovely crop of veg in the summer! I also baked bread, made soup and did a whole host of other things! Very busy but productive!

I also need to point out that although I am posting mostly WeightWatchers recipes or at least skinny recipes at the moment, clearly if you want to recreate them, you don't have to follow all the fat free rubbish. Quite frankly, I wouldn't be if I didn't have to! But I am slowly watching the weight come off, which is a relief! It's no fun having the nurse, back in April, tell me I am now rather a long way out of a healthy BMI, gave me a bit of a shock, so I was determined to do something about it and I am getting there.

This pasta salad was lovely and spicy, and although I don't normally like raw peppers, this was ok.

















Lunchbox Chicken Curry Pasta (from WeightWatchers)
(Serves 4)
(5 WW ProPoints per serving)

200g virtually fat free plain yoghurt
1 tbsp curry powder
300g cooked pasta
5 sprays cooking spray
250g skinless, boneless chicken breast, chopped
1 medium pepper, deseeded and chopped
1/4 cucumber, chopped
4 medium spring onions, finely sliced
1 pinch salt
1/8 teaspoons ground black pepper

Cook the chicken breast in a frying pan with the low fat cooking spray.

Put the yogurt into a bowl and stir in the curry powder.

Add the pasta, chicken, pepper, cucumber and spring onions to the bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Pack a portion in your lunch box.

No comments:

Post a Comment