Wednesday 2 May 2012

Cauliflower and Blue Cheese Soup

My weigh in day is a Tuesday, so I got weighed last night and I have lost 4 pounds! So chuffed as I have been trying really hard this week, but also trying to eat things already in my fridge and freezer that needed eating but were possibly bigger portions or higher in fat than I am now eating but I still succeeded! Very happy! I am slowly getting my head around changing what I am eating but also eating the foods I enjoy.

This cauliflower and blue cheese soup is delicious and although it has (to me) only a tiny amount of blue cheese in it, the taste definitely still comes across strongly.

Cauliflower and Blue Cheese Soup (adapted from http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/)
(Serves 4)
(3 WW ProPoints per serving)

1 large onion, chopped
270g cauliflower, broken into florets
2 vegetable stock cubes, dissolved in 900ml boiling water
60g Stilton cheese, crumbled (or Danish Blue)
2 tsp chives, snipped
1 pinch salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
5 sprays cooking spray
120g Extra Light Soft Cheese with Garlic and Herbs

Melt the margarine in a large saucepan and sauté the onion for about 3 minutes, until softened.

Add the cauliflower and vegetable stock to the saucepan and bring to the boil. Cover and cook over a very low heat for about 15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.

Transfer to a liquidiser or food processor and blend for about 15 seconds. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the soft cheese and then add the remainder to the soup in the liquidiser. Add the blue cheese and half the chives. Blend for a few more seconds, until smooth. Return to the saucepan and reheat gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and spoon a little reserved soft cheese on top of each portion. Sprinkle with the remaining chives and a little pepper. Serve at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment