Sunday 20 May 2012

Fattoush

Last Saturday I had to work, so I was looking for something that I could pack up easily and take for lunch. I had heard about Fattoush ages ago and never got around to making it, and then I found a recipe in one of my WeightWatchers cook books and thought perfect! Fattoush is an Arabic bread salad made from pieces of toasted pitta combined with mixed greens and other veg. It is delicious, I didn't have any peppers so I used green beans instead, not strictly authentic, but they needed using up and I love green beans in salad!


Fattoush
(Serves 4)
(3 WW ProPoints per serving)

2 medium pitta breads
8 cos lettuce leaves, washed
1/2 cucumber, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1/2 red or orange pepper, deseeded and diced
a bunch of watercress, chopped roughly
a bunch of mint, chopped

For the dressing

juice of half a lemon
2 tbsp low fat natural yogurt
1 tbsp french or wholegrain mustard
salt and pepper

Toast the pittas in a toaster or under the grill then cut into small squares.

Place two lettuce leaves on each serving plate. Put all the other salad ingredients, including the bread, into a large bowl.

Whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Pour over the salad and toss together. Spoon onto the lettuce leaves and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment