Monday 17 May 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Last week was again hectic. I am currently trying to find display objects for my exhibition which goes up in just under three weeks! I'm very excited but also very nervous, even more so that I have to give a talk about it in August. There were some definite highlights food wise though; the Cheesy Swiss Bake was really good, I added leek to the recipe as it needed using and it went really well with the potatoes and bacon. I also finally made Paprika Chicken with Pasta in a Tomato Cream Sauce from the Crepes of Wrath, which was delicious, although I only made this for one and I think I was a bit light on the paprika when adapting the recipe.



With this weeks Menu Plan Monday I'm trying out loads of new dishes. I have handed in my last essay for College and now have a bit more time on my hands. Although planting in the garden has now started so I'm expecting to be busy with that over the coming weeks. I got my courgette plants in on Sunday and I cannot wait to eat home grown courgettes. I am really looking forward to the Ginger Udon with Mushrooms, Snow Peas and Veal tonight from the Crabby Cook and the Chicken, Leek and Mushroom Spaghetti Bake from eat the right stuff later in the week. My Mum gave me a huge bag of spinach last week out of her garden, so I am now using it in everything, I absolutely love spinach and it goes with pretty much anything!

Sunday
Lunch: Tortelloni with Salami and Basil
Dinner: Chickpea Curry, Aloo Palak, Naan Bread

Monday
Lunch: Hummus and Spinach Pakora in Pitta Bread
Dinner: Ginger Udon with Mushrooms, Snow Peas and Veal

Tuesday
Lunch: Mini Quiche and Potato Salad (Bento)
Dinner: Out with my Dad

Wednesday
Lunch:
Dinner: Chicken, Leek and Mushroom Spaghetti Bake

Thursday
Lunch: Falafel, Hummus, Couscous with Pepper, Pine Nuts, Herbs (Bento)
Dinner: Cheese Burger

Friday
Lunch: Red Pepper and Cream Cheese Pockets
Dinner: Sausage with Pease Pudding and Gravy, Mushrooms

Saturday
Lunch: Mini Cheese Ravioli, Prawns, Alfredo Sauce
Dinner: Out?

No comments:

Post a Comment