Friday 18 September 2009

Japanese Beef Curry

Japanese Beef Curry recipe as promised! This is the first time I have made this from the curry sauce mix, I usually just use the ready made pouches that you stick in the microwave and then pour over meat of your choice, but this was just as easy. I used S&B Golden Curry Medium Hot Mix, it was just the right level of hotness for me, and was ready in about half an hour.

I served the curry with egg fried rice and it was delicious.



Japanese Beef Curry
(Serves 6)

450-700g beef, cut into cubes
2 onions, chopped finely
Any other veg you want, carrots, celery, red or green pepper etc
700ml water
quarter of a pack of curry sauce mix

In a large frying pan, heat some oil or butter. Add the beef, onions and cook until the beef and onions are lightly browned, approx 3 mins. Add the other veg, I used carrots, potato and leek, and cook for a couple of minutes

Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the meat is tender, about 15 mins.

Break the curry sauce mix into pieces and add it to the mixture, stir until completely dissolved. Simmer for 5 mins, stirring constantly. If it doesn't look thick enough, add some cornflour dissolved in a little water and stir to thicken.

Serve over hot rice or noodles.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! This looks super yummy. Now I'll just have to figure out where to get my hands on curry sauce mix...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could post you some if you'd like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that could be fun! We could exchange adopter/adoptee ingredients across the channel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! That sounds cool! Drop me an email with your address and I shall post you some.

    ReplyDelete