Tuesday 29 September 2009

Fajitas

I am on such a Mexican kick at the moment, and it is almost impossible to get decent Mexican food anywhere in London. I love the burritos I get from Upper Street in Islington, but everything else is pretty rubbish, so I thought I'd have a go at making one of the easiest Mexican dishes possible, fajitas. I also cheated slightly and used a pre-prepared spice mix, but it tasted really good, and had just the right amount of heat.



I added salsa, sour cream and grated cheese on top, which I'm pretty sure is not how its normally made, but it was really tasty and cured my Mexican craving, all be it briefly!


Fajitas
(Serves 4)

8 Soft Flour Tortillas
500g chicken breast
1 onion
2 peppers (red or green)
1 packet of fajita spice mix

Cut the chicken into thin strips. Slice peppers and onion into strips. Heat some oil in a frying pan and stir fry the chicken over a medium heat for about 4 mins. Add the fajita spice mix and vegetables and stir fry for another 3 mins until the seasoning mix coats the ingredients thoroughly.

Heat the tortillas following the instructions on the packet.

Put some of the chicken, pepper, onion mixture in the middle of a tortilla, pour on some salsa and sour cream, wrap the tortilla around the filling and serve. Alternatively you could just bring all the tortillas and chicken filling to the table and let everyone help themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment