Monday 6 April 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Last weeks Menu Plan Monday went pretty well I think. I had to change a few lunches around to use up things in my fridge, but on the whole I stuck to it, its nice to be flexible sometimes! One of the definite highlights of last week was this veal picatta.



It was based on this chicken picatta recipe I found at Crabby Cook, and it worked just as well with veal. I served it on a bed of goats cheese mash and veggies on the side. I have had a good experience with wine sauces and will definitely have to try more. There were a couple of not so good meals last week. The cold soba noodles didn't work very well. The dipping sauce wasn't as good as usual and I'm not sure what I did differently. Also the mushroom and asparagus pasta was OK, but lacked a little something.

This week's Menu Plan Monday is a short week, I am off to my parents for Easter to spend time with my Mum whilst my Dad and Sister go walking in Spain for a week! We are off to Northumberland for the weekend for some much needed rest and relaxation! The cookbook recipe this week is Spaghetti with Cream and Scampi from the Top One Hundred Pasta Sauces by Diane Seed, I'm adding the asparagus because it needs eating!

Sunday
Lunch: Eggs Benedict, Salad
Dinner: Lemon and Rosemary Roast Partridge, Roast Potatoes, Veggies

Monday
Lunch: Fish Pie, Salad
Dinner: Chinese Braised Wild Boar, Rice

Tuesday
Lunch: Falafel, Couscous Salad with Peppers & Olives, and Hummus (Bento)
Dinner: Spaghetti with Cream, Scampi and Asparagus Sauce (Pasta Sauces Book), Salad, Garlic Bread

Wednesday
Lunch: Salad with Cheese and Kielbasa etc
Dinner: Noodles with Salmon and Veggies

Thursday
Lunch: Fish and Cabbage Risotto, Salad
Dinner: Pitta Bread, Hummus, Falafel, Lettuce

Friday and Saturday, I shall be with my Mum for Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment