Tuesday 9 June 2015

Spicy Chicken Patties

For dinner on Thursday night I had Spiced Chicken Patties. I made them the night before and stuck them in the fridge as I don't get home until 7.45pm after pilates. Then I fried them off when I got home. I served them in a wholemeal pitta (4) with 2 tsp of lighter than light mayonnaise (0) and some lettuce. They were really tasty, just lightly spicy and great in the pitta. I made enough for two and froze the leftovers to have another time. I could easily see myself whipping up a hole batch of them and freezing them for sandwiches.
















Spicy Chicken Patties (from WW Fresh and Easy Everyday)
(Serves 2)
(5 WW ProPoints per serving)

150g chicken breasts, chopped roughly
1/2 red fresh chilli, deseeded and chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1/4 tsp garam masala
1 cm ginger, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp chopped coriander
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
cooking spray

Add all of the ingredients except the cooking spray to a food processor. Whizz until finely minced and the mixture comes together.

Empty onto a board and using wet hands shape the mixture into six patties. Heat a frying pan and spray with cooking spray. Cook the patties gently for 6-8 mins turning once or twice, until golden brown and cooked through. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment