Saturday 6 June 2015

Creamy Smoked Mackerel Pasta Salad

Smoked Mackerel is a kind of a no-no on WeightWatchers in my head, although no food is a no-no really on WeightWatchers, you just have to account for it. Anyway, since I last tried to lose weight things in my life have changed. I discovered that I was insufficient in vitamin D as I suspect are most of the population of the UK and the doctor suggested that I ate oily fish twice a week, which I have been doing for a long while now. Other forms of oily fish are much lower in points but I have tinned and smoked mackerel in the house already and it's going to need eating at some point, so why not start now.


















Creamy Smoked Mackerel Pasta Salad (adapted from WW Seasonally Sensational)
(Serves 4)
(14 WW ProPoints per serving)

240g dried pasta
100g tenderstem broccoli, cut into 3 pieces
325g smoked mackerel
4 tbsp 0% fat yoghurt
25g parsley, chopped
salt and pepper

Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the pasta and cook according to the packet instructions, add the broccoli for the last 3-4 mins. Drain and run under the cold tap. Leave to drain.

Toss the pasta and broccoli with the smoked mackerel, yoghurt and parsley and pack into a lunch box.

No comments:

Post a Comment