Monday 13 June 2016

Meal Planning Monday

So I had a fantastic week last week. The Queen apparently will spend 8 days celebrating her birthday and I spent 6 last week and I still have one to come in July!! Not bad!

On Tuesday I went on the Cheese Lovers Tour at Cheese at Leadenhall. We got to try 10 cheeses between us along with bread, crackers, chutney and membrillo. We only realised that I hadn't taken a photo after we were over half way through, we were too bust scarfing down the cheese! We had a really good selection of cheeses and there were some definite favourites in there.


On Wednesday I met my sister and we went for cocktails at Barrio in Shoreditch. I had some kind of tropical cocktail, which the bartender set on fire!!


We then went round the corner to Blues Kitchen for dinner. We started with Crab Doughnuts to start with, which were absolutely delicious.



This was followed by burnt ends and smoked chicken. We both agreed that we liked the smoked chicken best. This was served with coleslaw and fries and we also had a side of spinach with almonds. 


For dessert we split an Alabama Mess, Salted caramel ice cream, blueberry coulis, marshmallows cookies and meringue. Topped with pecans & bourbon cream. It was immense and delicious!


On Thursday I went to Molly Bakes on Kingsland Road for a Freakshake! It was again amazing! Ice Cream Cookies Sandwich, Marshmallow, Cream, and Raspberry Milkshake.


On Saturday I went to Osterley Park in the morning and then I went back to Kua'Aina for those Mahi-Mahi Fishfingers. I loved these fishfingers, the texture is very different to normal fishfingers, it's more like swordfish. It came with fries and we had a side of onion rings. Yum!


We then walked to Cutter and Squidge and I had a coke float and a slice of Blueberry Dreamcake. The cake was so moist.


On Sunday I met some friends and we went to Saporitalia on Portobello Road for lunch. I had the Capriciosa Pizza, which was really good. 
















It was definitely a very foodie week!

This week is somewhat restful! Only two weeks until the end of term! Pilates tonight, theatre tomorrow and Wednesday, then a rest, although I think I am dancing on Saturday again.

Monday
Squash Gnocchi, Kale and Sausage Bake with Salad
Toasted Freekeh and Salmon Salad

Tuesday
Cauliflower, Cumin and Chickpea Broth
Out before the theatre

Wednesday
Tomato and Tortelloni Soup
Out before the theatre

Thursday
Smoked Mackerel Flan with Salad
Goat's Cheese and Artichoke Omelette with Salad (Lunch in Paris)

Friday
Ham and Pea Pasta Salad
Spring Veg Curry

Saturday
Chickpea Nachos (Little Coffee Shop Kabul)
Broccoli and Smoked Mackerel Gratin with Salad

Sunday

Butternut Squash Chicken Roulade with Veg

No comments:

Post a Comment