Thursday 4 October 2012

Goat's Cheese and Roasted Corn Quesadillas

I have a huge bag of sweetcorn in my freezer, no-one seems to sell less than a kilo of frozen corn, which takes me ages to get through! In an effort to get through this mound of sweetcorn I made these quesadillas, they were delicious combining my favourite cheese with the sweet corn. I can feel a Mexican week coming on, I have lots of Mexican recipes either printed out and probably on my living room floor or saved somewhere and I can't wait to try them, I have a craving for guacamole!
















Goat's Cheese and Roasted Corn Quesadillas (from Cooking Light Magazine March 2009)
(Serves 1)
(8 WW ProPoints per serving)

1 corn tortilla
40g soft goat's cheese
1 tbsp sweetcorn
1 spring onion, sliced
50g salsa

Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the corn and sauté  for 2 minutes or until browned. Set the corn to one side. Spread the goats cheese over half the tortilla, leaving a gap around the edge. Sprinkle the corn and spring onions over the goat's cheese and drizzle each with one and a half teaspoons salsa. Fold the half of the tortilla without filling over the half with filling
Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat.  Place the quesadilla in the pan and cook for one and a half mins on each side or until golden. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Cut the quesadilla into 3 wedges and serve with the rest of the salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment