Monday 1 October 2012

Chicken Breast Stuffed with Green Olives and Goat's Cheese

I feel a bit more stiff today than I did yesterday, but I had a lovely long soak in the bath yesterday, which helped enormously! I still feel on a high too, it feels fantastic to have completed the walk and I had a lovely day yesterday of no diet, eating wispa golds and creamy pasta! It was a lovely treat!

Now on to today's recipe. As I have probably said before I love goat's cheese, I have always loved goat's cheese and it is fantastic used as a stuffing in chicken, which is what this recipe is. My goat's cheese escaped in the cooking process but it was easy to put back. I actually used guinea fowl rather than chicken, and the roasted veg tasted amazing with it. I served the guinea fowl with a mixture of beans, celeriac mash and corn on the cob. Delicious!
















Chicken Breast's Stuffed with Green Olives and Goat's Cheese (from WeightWatchers Complete Kitchen Cookbook)
(Serves 2)
(6 WW ProPoints per serving)

1 red onion, chopped roughly
175g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
cooking spray
50g goat's cheese
25g green olives, chopped
2 chicken breasts

Preheat the oven to 200C. Toss the onion, tomatoes and most of the thyme together on a non stick baking tray. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Spread out into an even layer, making space in the centre of the tray.

Mix the goat's cheese and olives together with the rest of the thyme.

Use a sharp knife to cut a horizontal pocket into each chicken breast. Use a teaspoon to stuff the goat's cheese mixture into each chicken breast. Press the chicken beast lightly closed around the stuffing.

Nestle the chicken amongst the vegetables on the baking tray and spray lightly with cooking spray. Roast in the oven for 20 mins or until the chicken is cooked through, stirring the veg around halfway through.

1 comment:

  1. Great job Nicola! Thank you so much for this blog - I really needed some inspiration to start cooking again. Some fab recipes on here which can actually be made by normal people! The photos are brilliant and make me even more excited about trying them! Much appreciated and bookmarked for regular referencing. Dawn :) x

    ReplyDelete