Monday 22 October 2012

Brown Rice Biriyani Salad

I am now on half term! It's so nice to be free for the next couple of weeks. I seem to be about two weeks behind in cooking meals and then actually getting around to posting them, but hopefully with the break and eating out a bit more the next few days I might get a bit more caught up. I also did some mega cooking last weekend, making jam, soup, muffins and of course my delicious daring cooks feijoada, so that's all coming up too!

This rice salad was really good and I've now got the trick of cooking the rice down under the cold tap to stop it going dry and inedible when turned into a salad. This rice salad has an Indian biriyani twist but with the freshness of tomatoes and cucumber, so it tastes more like a salad. It could have done with a raita or some other kind of dipping sauce mixed in. I've bought some tamarind dip so I'm going to try that next.

















Brown Rice Biriyani Salad (from WeightWatchers)
(Serves 4)
(10 WW ProPoints per serving)

300g cooked brown rice
1 tbsp mild curry powder
400g cooked prawns
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cucumber, finely chopped
4 spring onions, chopped
1/2 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
salt and pepper
2 tbsp lime juice

Mix the brown rice and curry powder together.

Add the prawns, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions, chilli and coriander. Stir together gently.

Season with salt and pepper, then add a squeeze of lime or lemon juice. Keep chilled until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment