Thursday 4 June 2009

First Meal in the New Flat

Ok, so the title of this post is not strictly true, I did have a barbecue on Saturday night but completely neglected to take any pictures! So this is the first meal I cooked in the kitchen of my new flat!



It is fillet steak, boiled Jersey Royal potatoes, spinach and mushrooms with garlic and grainy mustard on the side and it was good, it would have been infinitely better if I could have found the salt and pepper! So it was kinda bland!

I am mostly moved in now, there is still a whole load of stuff at my parents house that needs to come down, but I think I have now unpacked all of the boxes. Apart from a slight mishap with the new washing machine; its too deep to go under the unit, all went well, and John Lewis are delivering a different washing machine in two weeks! I also currently have no Internet access at home and work has been really busy, which is why I haven't posted before now. The Virgin man is coming on the 17th so hopefully I will be all hooked up then!

One of the last meals I had before I left my old room was this Linguine with Lemon, Feta and Basil from i like to cook.


It was delicious, and a brilliant way to use up the feta that had been lurking in the fridge. I am so glad to be in my new flat with lots more space than I had before. I will try and take pictures and put them up soon. I also have loads of fresh herbs outside my back door now which will make a huge difference to my cooking. I also have to say a big thank you to Liz and Paul for all their help with moving and bookcases, I still have no idea how they fitted in the car, as well as my parents and my sister who helped with the move.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the pasta and I'm jealous of all the herbs you are growing! Nothing is better than to be able to add fresh herbs to a pasta, or any dish for that matter. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete