Thursday 11 June 2009

Devilled Mackerel with Potatoes and Spinach

One of the last dishes that I cooked in my room was Devilled Mackerel. I had some curry paste left over which needed using and found this mackerel recipe in one of my old Good Food magazines. I mixed the curry paste with some yoghurt and then put it on the fish, as I have a very low tolerance for chilli and this helps, but it wasn't in the original recipe.



This was a very tasty recipe, but some of the potatoes were not quite cooked in the 25mins, so I left them on a little longer, but the combination was fantastic and it was really simple to make. I cannot wait for the Internet to arrive only 7 days to go!

Devilled Mackerel with Potatoes and Spinach (adapted from Good Food Magazine April 2007)
(Serves 4)

4 mackerel, cleaned, gutted and heads chopped off
4 tbsp curry paste
4 tbsp plain yoghurt
2 tbsp olive oil
800g potatoes, cubed
1 onion, chopped
250g bag spinach

Heat oven to 220C. Mix half the curry paste with some natural yogurt. Make a couple of slashes in both sides of the fish and rub with the curry paste and yoghurt mixture.

Heat the oil in a roasting tray, then fry the potatoes and onion for about 8 mins until starting to brown.

Stir the remaining curry paste into the potatoes, then sit the fish on top and roast for 20-25 mins until the fish and potatoes are cooked.

Lift the fish onto plates, then place the potatoes back over a high heat. Add the spinach to the pan and cook for 3-4 mins until completely wilted. Scoop out and serve with the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment