Wednesday 18 September 2013

Smoked Salmon and Lemon Risotto

This was scrumptious, really really tasty. I added in a the courgette and peas which the original recipe didn't call for, but we all know how I like my veggies, and I swapped out the mascarpone for soft cheese. I'm also lazy and so I oven all my risottos but you could obviously do it on the stove top like your meant to really! It was a lovely summery dish packed full of flavour.
















Smoked Salmon and Lemon Risotto (adapted from Good Food Magazine April 2008)
(Serves 4)

1 onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
350g risotto rice
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1½ l boiling vegetable stock
150g peas
1 courgette, grated
170g pack smoked salmon, three-quarters chopped
85g low fat soft cheese
3 tbsp parsley, chopped
grated lemon zest, plus squeeze of juice
black pepper
 
Preheat the oven to 200C.
 
Fry the onion in the oil for 5 mins. Add the rice and garlic, then cook for 2 mins, stirring continuously. Pour in the stock and cover. Cook in the oven for 25 mins, checking after 15mins to see how dry it is, adding more stock if it looks dry. Add in the peas and grated courgette and put back in the oven for 5 mins.

Remove from the oven and add the chopped salmon, soft cheese, parsley and lemon zest. Put in some black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Tear up the leftover salmon and serve on top.

1 comment:

  1. I have a smoked salmon risotto recipe on my own blog that I've been meaning to get around to remaking - I love the idea of adding courgette and peas to up the veg quota so will definitely have to incorporate! Thanks for the tip.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete