Sunday 22 September 2013

Courgette and Turkey Burger

The original recipe said to make 18 small patties, but as I was actually only cooking for one I adapted the recipe slightly to make one big burger with the amount of mince I had. I found it a bit dry but I was so worried about ending up with a pink burger inside that I probably over cooked it. I also actually cooked it on the grill but next time I'm going to try ovening them as I've suggested below as I've had success with this in the past. I served it on a chollah roll with tomato, garlic mayo and homemade pickles.
















Courgette and Turkey Burger (from Ottolenghi Jerusalem)
(Serves 4)

500g minced turkey
1 large courgette, coarsely grated
40g spring onions, thinly sliced
1 large egg
2 tbsp chopped mint
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 ttsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2-3 tbsp oil

Mix together the turkey, courgette, spring onions, egg, herbs, garlic, cumin and salt in a large bowl and shape to make 4 burger patties. Place them on a plate and out into the fridge for 30 mins.

Put the burgers into a baking tray and bake for 20-25 mins. Then pan-fry for a few mins on each side until golden. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment