Wednesday 6 February 2013

Pea and Bacon Pasta Salad

This is a really quick and easy pasta salad. As I go through term unsurprisingly I get more and more tired and so quicker and easier recipes are definitely the order of the day. I'm trying a new drug for my migraines at the moment and that's sending my brain kinda wonky and I also seem to have a million and one things to do at the moment, so time is limited. I'm looking forward to the slightly slower pace of life the Easter holidays will hopefully bring!
















Pea and Bacon Pasta Salad (adapted from WeightWatchers Foods)
(Serves 4)
(8 WW ProPoints per serving)

240g dried pasta shapes
100g peas, defrosted if frozen
cooking spray
4 low fat rashers bacon, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
100g low fat soft cheese
1 tbsp fresh parsley leaves, chopped
black pepper to season

Add the pasta to a pan of boiling water and cook according to packet instructions, adding the peas for the final 2 minutes.

Meanwhile, mist a pan with cooking spray and add the bacon. Fry, stirring, for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and fry for a further minute.

Drain the pasta and peas and run under cold water to cool down. Add the bacon and soft cheese. Stir to coat the pasta, add a little water if the mixture is too stiff. Stir in the parsley and season with pepper. Pack into your lunchbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment