Monday 8 February 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Ok so I totally did do a menu plan on paper for last week, I just never got around to posting it. I have to say it wasn't very exciting. I had a really busy week and ate out a lot of nights too. This is a recipe from the week before last, which I found in my Big Book of Casseroles.



I have to say that it actually was somewhat of a disappointment. I still can't really see the point of baking it as opposed to just drizzling the sauce over the hot pasta, and the sour cream just clumped and stuck to the pasta. I am not impressed with this cook book at all, although it had good reviews on Amazon. The only other recipe I have made from it for macaroni cheese was almost inedible, but here is the fettuccine recipe if you want to try it.

Fettuccine with Basil Pesto (from the Big Book of Casseroles)
(Serves 6)

1/2 cup basil pesto
1/2 cup light sour cream or yoghurt
8 ounces of fettuccine

Preheat the oven to 180C. In a small bowl, stir together the pesto and sour cream. Toss with the fettuccine. Transfer to a casserole dish lightly coated with cooking spray or oil. Cover and bake until heated through and flavours are blended, about 20 mins.

Hopefully I am in more nights this week, which will save me a lot of money. Although I was good and took a packed lunch and dinner a couple of times last week. I am really looking forward to the sea bass with potatoes and olives, which is a roll over from last week and the vegetable biryani, which has been hanging round for about a month!

Sunday
Lunch: I really went out for Breakfast, Blueberry Pancakes with Maple Syrup, Yum!
Dinner: Cheese and Salami Orzo Casserole, Garlic Bread

Monday
Lunch: Hummus and Cucumber in a Pitta Bread
Dinner: Cambozola and Spinach Pasta (Leiths)

Tuesday
Lunch: Tomato Pesto and Prawn Pasta Salad
Dinner: Sea Bass with Potatoes and Olives

Wednesday

Thursday
Lunch: Bean Chilli with Crème Fraiche and Grated Cheese
Dinner: Pitta Bread and Hummus

Friday
Lunch: Goats Cheese and Salami Quiche, Salad
Dinner: Prawn Tamarind Stir Fry (Vietnamese Cookbook)

Saturday
Dinner: Lamb Cutlets with Hummus Mashed Butter Beans

2 comments:

  1. Well with such a glowing recommendation, that recipe is tempting, but...

    Come on over to my blog, I tried one of your recipes (adapted a bit) and posted about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete