Saturday 6 February 2010

Courgette and Dolcelatte Risotto

This week seems to have been rather hectic, no sooner did I hand in one essay but I got given the next one! Its about legal issues in Public Libraries and I'm getting all confused by the language! This one I think is going to be tough. I have been to the theatre a couple of times this week. I went to see Wicked on Tuesday night, which was awesome. I've felt like such a teenager, I finished reading the twilight series of books as well! Then I went to see Waiting for Godot on Wednesday afternoon and promptly fell asleep! I think it was the combination of the dark and that I was sat right at the back virtually on my own! They were, however still waiting when I woke up again! Then last night I went to see Really Old, Like Forty Five at the National Theatre and I really enjoyed that. It was about the elderly, health and relationships between the generations, and was hilariously funny in parts. I am also off to a friends engagement drinks tonight, which should be good fun. So all in all a very busy week!



This is the offending risotto that damaged my toe! It is much better two weeks on, with just the nail looking a bit dodgy, and I've been informed that it will drop off at some point! How nice!! Anyway, the risotto was delicious, the blue cheese was a really good combination with the courgettes, making for a really tasty, if painful, dinner.

Courgette and Dolcelatte Risotto (adapted from Leiths Vegetarian Bible)
(Serves 4)

1 tbsp oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
340g/12oz arborio rice
150ml/ 1/4pint white wine
860ml/ 1 1/2pints vegetable stock
2 courgettes, grated
30g/1oz parmesan cheese, freshly grated
salt and pepper
110g/ 4oz dolcelatte or other soft blue cheese
handful of fresh basil leaves to garnish
freshly grated parmesan to serve

Heat the oil in a large saute pan and add the onion and fry over a low heat until softened. Add the garlic and rice and cook for a few minutes.

Pour in the wine and stir until it has been absorbed by the rice. Add the stock, cover and bake in the oven for 20 mins. Stir in the courgette and parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Put back into the oven or another 5 mins to allow the rice to absorb the courgette juices.

Cut the dolcelatte cheese into small pieces and fold briefly through the risotto. Scatter the torn basil leaves before serving and grate over some parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment