Tuesday 8 November 2016

Spinach Pancakes

So I made these because I didn't have any bread and I'd taken a burger out the freezer to eat! I also had a large amount of spinach in my fridge and I loved them. This, I think, is my most successful use of rice flour and flax seed, which have sat for months in my cupboard waiting to be used.





















Spinach Pancakes (from Spabettie)
(Makes 10-12 3in pancakes)


3 handfuls fresh spinach
3 tbsp ground flax seed
125ml + 1 tbsp warm water
100g rice flour
1 tbsp baking powder

Combine the flax seed with the water, and put into the fridge to gel.

Put the spinach and flax gel into a food processor  and pulse until blended. Add the flour and baking powder, pulse until completely blended.

Pour in 1/4 cup increments onto a heated griddle over a medium heat, turning once when cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment