Monday 28 November 2016

Meal Planning Monday

So last week was busy, really I'd like a rest week but this week doesn't show signs of getting any quieter! Before we went to the theatre in Hampstead we once again went to Guglee, this time I tried the Seabass Nazakat, which was basically seabass with herbs and chilli steamed in a banana leaf with Bombay Aloo and a Mint Paratha. It was delicious and much better than their Chicken Tandoori.


My veg bag also arrived this week, in it I got squash, carrots, broccoli, cavolo nero and fennel complete with enormous fronds!


I also gave my gingerbread biscuit recipe out to a parent at school and she gave me some of the cookies she made. They were delicious!


Then on Thursday we went for Afternoon Tea at The Ritz, which we found rather disappointing. The staff were rude, both on arrival and they tried to take our food away before we had finished, when we still had 30 mins left at our table. The sandwiches were unexciting and a bit dry. The scones were terrible, far too full of baking powder. The cake offerings were miserly given the money we had paid and very uninspiring, the only good things were the macarons that actually tasted of lemon and the raspberry tart. Needless to say I won't be going back, it is clearly a con for the tourists, I'll go to the Wolseley next door for a better Afternoon Tea for half the price.



This week promises to be just as busy. I'm trying to fit exercise around everything and just about managing. I'm only allowed to swim on my back and use an exercise bike, both of which I have discovered are much more fun with a friend!

Monday
Smoked Mackerel and Beetroot Frittata with Salad
Leftover Turkey Green Enchiladas

Tuesday
Curried Courgette Soup with Bread
Out before the theatre

Wednesday
Tomato and Cheese Quiche with Salad


Thursday
Pesto Prawn Pasta Salad
Chicken and Basil Coconut Curry with Rice

Friday
Stuffed Chayote
Tuna Burger

Saturday
Out at Balthazar Boulangerie
Out at The Delaunay

Sunday
Sweetcorn and Squash Fritters with Ham
Chicken and Broad Bean Pilaff (Hairy Dieters)

No comments:

Post a Comment