Monday 28 September 2015

Meal Planning Monday

So I had a really lovely eventful week. I had an appointment in Leicester Square on Thursday evening so I took the opportunity to stop in China Town and buy myself a Moon Cake from Wonderful Patisserie on Gerrard Street. It was only a tiny individual one so didn't have the salted egg in but I must go back and try one with the egg!

Then we had Macmillan Coffee Morning at work on Friday and this is what the staff room table looked like on Friday morning! Needless to say I started my cake eating at 9am! I brought along some dirty s'mores cookies.


Then on Saturday I met my sister for a coffee in Highbury and then we walked to Primrose Hill where I met a friend for lunch. We went to Manna, which is a vegetarian restaurant. We both opted for the Bangers and Mash, which were fennel and pumpkin seed sausages with parsnip and carrot mash served, kale and a red wine, leek and thyme sauce plus onion rings. I have to say that it was delicious and incredibly filling! I also had a Mango Lassi which was delicious.


We then walked up Primrose Hill from which there is a super view of London looking east, so you can see all the iconic buildings in the city. I have never been to Primrose Hill before and it wasn't until a colleague said are you going to look at the view that I even realised there was one! We then walked to Euston and home.

On Sunday I went to watch The Great British Bake Off - An Extra Slice be filmed. I went with a group of 5 girls and it was a fab afternoon/evening out. It started at 3pm and we left at 8pm! I brought along the famous triple chocolate brownies

There was also a Chocolate Bavarois

And a Chocolate Avocado Tia Maria Cake.



So this week life gets much busier. Tonight, it's pilates, tomorrow I am going to learn how to make steamed buns, on Wednesday I'm going to Science Museum Lates to look at the Cravings exhibition, Thursday I am off to the theatre and at the weekend I am going home to see my parents, older sister, brother in law and nieces.

Monday

Tuesday
Prawn Cocktail Salad
Out learning to make steamed buns

Wednesday 
Quiche and Salad

Thursday 
Asparagus and Farro Soup
Out before the theatre

Friday
Seafood Laksa (Fish)

Saturday
At my parents house

Sunday
Tuna and Creamed Corn Pasta Bake

No comments:

Post a Comment