Monday 23 February 2015

Meal Planning Monday

Before I do anything I need to say Happy Birthday to my sister whose birthday it is today!

Last week was half term, the first half of the week I spent cleaning and sorting, the second half of the week was more exciting I went to Paris with my Mum! We had a lovely time and as you can see we were at the Kir again!


We started of our trip at Versailles which was a bit of a wash out not only because of the weather, it poured, but also because half of the site doesn't open until midday and we had got there at 9.30am! We stayed the first night there and had a lovely meal at a cafe in the town of Versailles. There was something unusual on the menu - pigs feet! Which I had to try, they were lovely really tender, a bit gelatinous but delicious served with a green salad.


Then on to Paris. We went to an exhibition all about buttons at the Musee des Arts Decoratifs, which was fascinating, and then I went to an exhibition on the history and culture of tattooing, which was really interesting too. We also went to the new Galleries Lafayette Gourmet and Maison, they have transformed the food hall and there is so much more room. We had one other notable meal at a restaurant just opposite our hotel called  Le Garnier. I only managed to take a picture of my pudding, which was a compote of dried fruits with salted caramel ice cream and was very different and delicious. We also had oysters to start and big prawns with rice pilaf for main.


















So now I'm back and back at work. This week is rather busy too, I have a meeting after work this afternoon and then I am off to a talk at the V&A. On Wednesday I'm going to a play at the Park Theatre in Finsbury Park, then on Thursday I'm at the St James theatre! I'm going to my parents at the weekend to have my hair cut and to see my Godmother. So a very busy week with really easy pull out the freezer meals.

Monday
Burrito
Smoked Trout Pasta Salad

Tuesday
Corn Dog Casserole with Crisps
Chilli Con Carne Meatballs (Jamies 15 Min Meals)

Wednesday
Out before the theatre

Thursday
Sandwich Pie with Crisps
Out before the theatre

Friday
Tomato and Raclette Quiche and Salad
At my parents house

No comments:

Post a Comment