Friday 29 June 2012

Miso Salmon with Orange and Fennel

Finely I have broken away from pasta, if only briefly! This is actually a recipe I made a while ago but the photos got lost in the depths of my computer. I love the first photo, I went away to collect something from another room and came back in and the samlon was sitting in a pool of sunlight. Very cool! This was also a delicious dish, simple and easy to make. I served it with celeriac mash, which I'm a bit obsessed with at the moment, and a stiry fry of yellow peppers and pak choi.
















Miso Salmon with Orange and Fennel (from steamykitchen.com)
(Serves 4)
(7 WW ProPoints per serving)

4 salmon fillets
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons miso paste
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons sake
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1/2 orange
1 bulb fennel with fronds

Marinate the salmon with the salt, pepper, miso, honey, sake and ginger at least 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.

When ready to cook, Preheat oven to 190C. Thinly slice the orange and fennel bulb. Layer the orange slices and fennel slices on a baking sheet. Place the marinated salmon on top. Cover the salmon with several sprigs of the fennel fronds. Bake for 15-18 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment