Friday 2 March 2012

Smoked Mackerel, Bean and Pea Spaghetti Frittata

I have lots of eggs that need using after buying way too many for pancakes last week. So one of the things I thought I'd make was frittata, it's a long time since I made one of these but boy am I glad I did, it was delicious! It lasted me for a couple of days with leftovers too and was really good with brown sauce!

I am going to try and enter this into Presto Pasta Nights, which is celebrating it's 5th birthday! However, I think I'm too late for this week but we shall see!



Smoked Mackerel, Bean and Pea Spaghetti Frittata
(Serves 2)

3 medium eggs
just under 1 portion of spaghetti
handful frozen peas
handful frozen broad beans
1 smoked mackerel fillet (I used peppered)
salt and pepper

First cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions, when you are 4 mins from the end of the cooking time, add the beans and peas to the pasta.

Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and flake the smoked mackerel into the eggs, and also add the spaghetti, beans and peas. Add salt and pepper.

Heat a frying pan with some oil and add the egg mixture to the pan. When the bottom side looks golden, about 5 mins, flip the frittata (this is easiest using a small plate to help) and cook the other side until golden, again about 5 mins. Serve.

2 comments:

  1. Never too late to share such a tasty treat. I love smoked mackerel and I love frittatas so this is perfect. Perhaps perfect for the "saturday morning after the party" kind of perfect.

    Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making it the traditional way, by flipping the frittata. We usually make them in a cast iron frying pan, sprinkle grated Romano cheese on the top, and put the pan under a broiler. Your ingredients sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete