Friday 16 March 2012

Carrot and Ginger Soup

I managed to buy 5 pounds of carrots from the market the other day. He was using old weights and I could either have 2 pounds which didn't look enough or 5 which ended up being way too many, so I made soup! To cut down on cost I used stuff already in the house, so I used ground ginger rather than fresh ginger. I also, because my mathematical skills aren't great at the best of times, managed to add too much ginger to the soup! All I can say is that it's a good job I like ginger!!

I served it with a chorizo and cheese sandwich, yummy!



Carrot and Ginger Soup
(Serves 4)

1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tbsp oil
700g carrots, chopped
1-2 tsp ground ginger
900ml vegetable stock
1 tbsp chopped parsley or coriander

Fry the onion and garlic in the oil for about 5 mins in a large saucepan, covered without browning.

Add the carrots and ginger. Cover and lightly fry got a further 10 mins, stirring occasionally.

Add the stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 mins or until the carrots are tender.

Puree the soup and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment