Wednesday 1 May 2013

Chicory and Blue Cheese Gratin

I've had chicory hanging around in my fridge for a little while, I bought it to make this toasted sandwich, but obviously that only used a couple of leaves and I had had to buy a packet of two! So this is what I did with the rest of that chicory. It was delicious, lovely and cheesy. I serve it with steak and homemade chips and it went perfectly. I love the combination of steak and blue cheese.
















Chicory and Blue Cheese Gratin
(Serves 1)

1 head chicory, cut into quarters
1-2 tbsp low fat creme fraiche
30g blue cheese

Preheat the oven to 200C

Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the chicory and cook for 8 mins, drain and then put into a gratin dish.

Add the creme fraiche and crumble or slice the blue cheese on top.

Bake in the oven for 10 mins until golden brown on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment