Monday 8 October 2012

Meal Planning Monday



Meal Planning Monday, this time staged by Mrs M of At Home with Mrs M

I thought I might give this a go again as I have gone back to planning my meals each week. This helps hugely with WeightWatchers as you can work out all the points in advance, and then on the day I only have to decide what to eat for breakfast and snacks, which for me is not a huge variety of stuff! It also helps with not wasting food (one of my biggest hates), saving money and just generally being organised with my mostly chaotic lifestyle, it brings a sense of order to my days!

I generally sit down each Thursday afternoon (the afternoon I have off work) with my cookbooks, printed out recipes etc and work out the points for the recipes with no points and then plan everything for the following week so that I can quickly and easily go shopping at the weekend. This week promises a whole host of goodies, I'm really looking forward to the Courgette and Halloumi Skewers, the Smoked Haddock and Sweet Potato Pie and Nigella's Mexican Lasagne. I am using cookbooks again so they're not just sat there mouldering away on the shelf!

Monday
Feta, Olive and Chickpea Pasta Salad
Prawn and Crab Bun with a Spinach and Tomato Salad

Tuesday
Chicken Mayo Sandwich with Crisps
Courgette and Halloumi Skewers with Rice

Wednesday
Brown Rice Biriyani Salad
Cauliflower, Chard and Gnocchi Bake with Salad

Thursday
Smoked Salmon and Soft Cheese Bagel with Crisps
Sole with Orange with Potatoes and Veg (WeightWatchers Cooking For One)

Friday
Curried Chicken Pasta Salad
Smoked Haddock and Sweet Potato Pie (The Ultimate Philadelphia Cookbook)

Saturday
Cheese and Pepper Pitta Pockets
Mexican Lasagne (Nigella Kitchen)

5 comments:

  1. I adore feta, that sounds like my kind of salad - mmmm! Lovely variety x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sole and orange sounds lovely. Great meals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fellow WWer and cheese lover here - lovely to come across your blog (I've been a bit lax about writing meal planning posts lately but I must start doing it again properly!) Am now going to go and look at all those yummy sounding recipes you've linked to!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seren, is there anyway to follow your blog? I can't find any email box or anything? I'd love to keep updated with your posts, it's nice to find a fellow WW blogger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nic!

      I've added a follow by email widget to the blog - probably something I should have done ages ago :-)

      Spent some time yesterday going through your archives - soooo many yummy things bookmarked!

      Sx

      Delete