Wednesday 24 October 2012

Courgette and Halloumi Skewers

I am having a wonderful, if busy half term so far. My mum is staying for a few days and on Monday we went to the V&A to see both the Ballgowns exhibition and the Hollywood Costume exhibition. The Ballgowns exhibition was wonderful in parts and there were some spectacular dresses with the more modern seeming to get more unwearable. There was a fantastic dress which was in material that looked like a quilt belonging to my Grandmother, and which had a fairytale scene on it with flaps sewn on, like in a kids story book, which opened to reveal little animals or faces. It was just fantastic. The Hollywood Costume was crowded, so many people, but we managed to have a quick look round and there is everything from Indiana Jones to Darth Vader and Harry Potter to those infamous ruby slippers!  I can't wait to go back and have another proper look round.

The afternoon was spent shopping for new work clothes for me as I have dropped two dress sizes with my diet and nothing I own workwise fits anymore! I look like a drowned rat! So we went on a mission and came back with a skirt, two tops and a dress! Very Happy, now if I only I could find a pair of trousers that fit!

This is a really really simple dinner but oh so tasty. I made a little tzatziki as a kind of dip as I feared that the halloumi would make the meal too dry. I served the skewers with rice and it had a lovely Greek feel to it.
















Courgette and Halloumi Skewers (from Good Food Magazine August 2012)
(Serves 4)
(7 WW ProPoints per serving)

1/2 tsp chilli powder
small handful mint, chopped
zest and juice 1 lemon
2 tbsp olive oil
2 courgette, cut into rounds
225g pack of halloumi, cubed

Mix the chilli, half the mint, lemon zest and juice, oil, courgettes and halloumi. Leave to marinate for 30 mins. Soak 8 wooden skewers for 20 mins.

Thread the courgettes and halloumi onto the skewers. Cook under the grill, for 7-8 mins, turning halfway through and basting with the remaining marinade. Scatter over remaining mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment