Monday 18 April 2016

Meal Planning Monday

So last week was fantastic, the two plays however, were both a bit odd! On Wednesday I met a friend for dinner and we went to Honest Burger, I tried the Tribute burger, which I forgot to take a photo of, but we both agreed that it was a bit bland and nowhere near as good as Patty & Bun which is still my top burger! Afterwards we went to L'Eto for cake, I had Honey cake and it was delicious. I will definitely be going back to try some more of their cakes.


On Saturday evening I made roast chicken for the first time in about 3 years! I don't do roasts, well at all, but I really wanted the leftovers. So I made lemon and rosemary roast chicken, roast veg, bread sauce, kale and broccoli from the garden and gravy. It was delicious! I think I'm going to try doing pulled pork or barbacoa next time.

With some of the leftover chicken I made a kind of banh mi. I've been craving Vietnamese food since I got back and I loved the banh mi in Vietnam. So this was chicken liver pate, leftover roast chicken, pickled carrots and cucumber. It was so good.


Then on Sunday I met a friend and went to the Vogue 100 exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery, which was absolutely stunning with some very iconic images. Afterwards we went to The Crypt of St Martin's in the Field and I had a Pastel de Nata, or Portuguese Custard Tart. It was so good but I bet not a patch on eating one in Portugal. One day!





















This week is also busy. Tomorrow I am going to see The Truth at Mernier Chocolate Factory, Wednesday is Cyprus Avenue at Royal Court Theatre, Friday I have a work social at Black Cat Caberet and then on Saturday I am going to York for the Leeds Symposium on Food History. The theme this year is Eating on the Move and looks like it is going to be a fascinating day. Then on Sunday I am going out for Korean food at JinJuu.

There is a lot of chicken featured this week in the meal plan. I had a 2kg chicken so I have a lot of leftovers. i am so looking forward to devouring it!














Monday
Chinese Chicken Salad
Halloumi Pasta Bake with Salad

Tuesday
Greek Lemon Chicken Soup
Out before the theatre

Wednesday
Pesto Chicken Sandwich
Out before the theatre

Thursday

Chicken and Chickpea Green Curry

Friday
Salmon and Prawn Cauliflower Chowder
Out at Work Social

Saturday
Out at Historic Food Symposium

Sunday
Out for at JinJuu for Korean Food
Squash and Lentil Burger

No comments:

Post a Comment