Tuesday 12 April 2016

Cauliflower Fried Rice

So, on the whole, I don't hold with this replacing carbs with veg, my philosophy is everything in moderation and always has been. However, just before I went on holiday I had a cauliflower that needed using and I thought I would experiment. So I made "rice" out of it. This is actually really tasty, no it doesn't taste like rice but it wasn't as bitty and unpleasant as I had feared. I used a mix of leftover veg and you could pretty much use what you like, which is why the recipe doesn't state specific veg, this is a brilliant clear out the fridge meal.





















Cauliflower Fried Rice (from Steamy Kitchen)
(Serves 4)

4 slices bacon, chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 head cauliflower, grated
1 tbsp water
4 handfuls mixed veg, chopped small
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 egg
4 tsp Sriracha

In a wok or large saute pan over medium heat, cook bacon until almost crispy. Add the onions and stir fry until translucent.

Turn the heat to high. Add the grated cauliflower and stir fry for 1 min. Add the water and mixed veg, stir well, cover the pan and let the cauliflower mixture steam for another 3 mins or until tender.

Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and poach an egg.

Uncover and add the fish sauce. Toss well to combine. Serve with sriracha drizzled over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment