Wednesday 20 March 2013

Veg Week Day 4

Tuesday
Breakfast: Lemon Yoghurt
Snack: Banana, Digestive Biscuit
Lunch: Spaghetti Squash Bake, Salad with Vinaigrette
Snack: Cookies and Cream KitKat
Dinner: M&S Egg Salad Sandwich, Pop Chips, Coke Zero, Banana and KitKat Chunky Hazelnut

Yesterday I was hungry, especially after lunch, which was pretty much just vegetables, and by the time it got to 6pm and I'd done an hour of Zumba I was ridiculously hungry. I was supposed to go home and cook but I ended up grabbing a sandwich from M&S as it was an hour home and I needed to eat before then. The only choices left seemed to be Cheese Ploughman's or Egg, so I went with the egg. There's not been a whole lot of protein so far, but I guess if I was doing this all the time and my tummy didn't feel so uncomfortable I'd be having chickpeas and more lentils.

Today for lunch Emma tried Boots first but there were no veggie sandwiches left and then went to M&S and the choice was Cheese and Onion or Egg and Cress and she had Egg and Cress. For dinner she went to Wagamamas and had Yasai Katsu Curry but said that she often has this anyway so it wasn't that different from usual.



















Spaghetti Squash Bake
(Serves 4)

1 large spaghetti squash

1 tsp chopped parsley
125ml sour cream
125g cheddar cheese, grated

Preheat the oven to 180C.

Prick the spaghetti squash with a fork all over and then roast in the oven for 40 mins-1 hour or until tender. Leave to cool for a bit and then cut in half and scrap out the seeds.

Using a fork, scrape the insides of the squash and transfer to a small bowl. Combine the squash with the parsley, sour cream and half the cheese and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish and top with remaining cheese.

Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown on top.

2 comments:

  1. You're a braver woman than I! I had a brief vegetarian phase as a teenager and found it really hard going - and I was still eating fish. The choice of foods available can be so limited and so unimaginative.

    The spaghetti squash looks lovely though - I've often read about them, particularly on American blogs, but have never actually seen one or cooked one myself, must keep an eye out.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of choice, all I seem to be able to find is cheese or egg!

      I grow the spaghetti squash in my garden, my Mum's grown them for years so I've always had them in the late summer/autumn. They're pretty much none existant in the this country outside of growing them I think.

      Delete