Monday 22 March 2010

Spring Menu Plan Monday

Soring has finally sprung. Last week the flowers in my window boxes came out and the weather has turned much better. I am no longer in thick jumpers for work, but back to my comfy cardigans! We planted the window boxes back before Christmas and I have been waiting anxiously for them to come out, and they look beautiful. I have some lovely yellow crocuses, an iris and also some mini daffodils, which are apparently narcissus. I love daffodils, to me it truly signals the end of winter and heralds the start of spring and much warmer weather to come.



Last weeks menu plan went pretty well with only a few minor alterations. I still haven't eaten pease pudding. I remembered that I had some biscuits and gravy that a friend brought back from the States for me and tried them instead. Most of what I ate last week were things I have had many times before, but were still delicious none the less. Couscous featured heavily as I made too much for my dinner party on Sunday and finished it off during the week. It seemed to go with everything!

With this weeks Menu Plan Monday I am once again trying to eat out of the freezer. I finally get paid on Friday and I cannot wait, its felt like a long month. I also need to finish off lots of frozen leftovers, and things that have been hanging around in the freezer for a while. I am really looking forward to the chicken and bamboo shoot stir fry as it looks really easy but really full of flavour.

Sunday
Lunch: Breaded Prawns, Potato Balls, Gyoza, Chicken Tenders, Dips
Dinner: Out at my sisters, mushroom risotto

Monday
Lunch: Lentil, Bulgar Wheat and Spinach Soup
Dinner: Pork Fajitas

Tuesday
Lunch: Pasta Salad with Garlic Sausage, Mange Tout, Pine Nuts, Pesto
Dinner: Sausages in Cider, Mash Potato, Veg

Wednesday
Lunch: Garlic Sausage and Cheese Sandwich
Dinner: Chicken and Bamboo Shoot Stir Fry, Rice

Thursday
Lunch: Courgette and Dolcelatte Risotto
Dinner: Frankfurter Sandwich

Friday
Lunch: Prawn Cocktail, Lettuce, Bread
Dinner: Scallops with Old Bay Seasoning, Grits

Saturday
Lunch: Salami and Goats Cheese Quiche and Salad
Dinner: Chicken En Croute, Veg or Daring Cooks

No comments:

Post a Comment