Tuesday 2 March 2010

Prawn Tamarind Stir Fry with Pak Choi

This is my third experiment with tamarind. I have a jar which needs to be used up and after I loved the first two recipes I tried with it, I thought I'd try a stir fry. This one was delicious. I used the veg I had in the fridge rather than following the recipe, but it was really tasty.



Prawn Tamarind Stir Fry with Bok Choi (adapted from Australian Women's Weekly Vietnamese Favourites)
(Serves 4)

1 kg uncooked king prawns, shelled and deveined
2 tbsp oil
2 pak choi, chopped coarsely
2 yellow peppers, sliced
4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly

1/2 cup vegetable stock
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp tamarind paste
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cornflour

Blend the cornflour and stock in a small jug, stir in the oyster sauce, tamarind, sesame oil, lime juice and sugar.

Heat the oil in a wok, stir fry the prawns until they are pink and almost cooked through. Add the pepper to the wok and stir fry until just tender. Add the cornflour mixture; stir-fry until the sauce boils and thickens slightly. Add the pak choi to the pan and stir fry until the pak choi wilts.

Serve the stir fry with steamed jasmine rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment