Monday 8 March 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I still can't quite decide on lunch for either Wednesday or Saturday. Wednesday I'll be spending at home, probably painting! Saturday I'm working, and I just can't think of anything exciting at the moment. I like to have variety in my lunches, which should make it easier, but some weeks I just have no inspiration!

Last weeks plan went really well. I loved having the smoked salmon to eat all week and there is no end to the variety of things you can do with it! I had it in jacket potato, in a pasta sauce, with a poached egg and in pasta salad with pesto. The sausages in cider went down really well with my friends, and both of them asked for seconds. The chocolate pots went really well too, and my sister even turned up the next day for a taste. Sadly I totally forgot to take any pictures, they were gone too quickly!

In this weeks Menu Plan Monday, I am really looking forward to Poulet a L'Estragon and the turbot. Both include tarragon, which has to be one of my all time favourite herbs. The turbot was very cheap in Waitrose. Reduced from £41.99 per lb to £14.99 per lb. I got two fillets which would have cost me £17, and actually cost me £6! Its the first time I've cooked with it, but I'm really looking forward to trying it.

Sunday
Lunch: Cheese and Pickle Sandwich, Pretzels
Dinner: Indian Rice and Seafood Soup

Monday
Lunch: Hot Smoked Salmon Pasta Salad
Dinner: Bean Chilli with Lime and Coriander Rice

Tuesday
Lunch: Hummus and Cucumber Sandwich
Dinner: Poulet a L’Estragon, Mash with courgettes, Veg (Telegraph)

Wednesday
Lunch:
Dinner: Turbot with Mushrooms and Saffron (Fish Book)

Thursday
Lunch: Ham and Cheese Orzo Casserole, Salad
Dinner: Ham and Mustard Sandwich

Friday
Lunch: Quiche and Salad
Dinner: Lamb Cutlets with Butter Bean Mash and Cherry Tomatoes

Saturday
Lunch:
Dinner: Cheesy Tuna Tortilla Melts

No comments:

Post a Comment