Thursday 24 December 2009

Hot Smoked Salmon Pasta

I'm now back at my parents for Christmas, it was really weird going out into the snowy landscape, as they've had much more snow than we got in London. Christmas is a quiet one this year with just my parents, my sister and me, although we do have relatives coming on boxing day. We're also having a non-traditional Christmas meal of Beef Wellington! We will have a Goose on Boxing Day though! It is nice being back though and we are off to a friends house for drinks and nibbles later on and then we're going to put the Christmas tree up later on. I would like wish everyone a very Merry Christmas :)

This is not a very Christmassy dish though but it was delicious. I had one piece of hot lightly smoked salmon and it went perfectly with the mustard and dill sauce. I think I might use less sauce next time though as it overpowered the dish slightly.



Hot-Smoked Salmon Pasta (adapted from Leiths Simple Cookery Bible)
(Serves 4)

450g hot smoked salmon cut into thick slices
350g tagliatelle
4 tbsp creme fraiche
8 tbsp ready made mustard and dill sauce
ground black pepper
handful of frozen peas

lemon juice and 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill

Preheat the oven to 180C. Put the salmon slices onto a baking sheet and put in the oven for 10 mins until warmed through or if you have the uncooked kind like I did, cook for 25 mins in the oven until cooked.

Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions, add the frozen peas for the last 3-4 mins of cooking time.

Drain the pasta and peas well. Return to the pan and stir through the creme fraiche, mustard and dill sauce and black pepper.

Divide between warmed bowls and place the salmon slices on top. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle over the dill. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment