Saturday 7 February 2009

Spiced Pork and Lemon Pasta

On Thursday night I went to my oldest friends house for dinner. Its not often other people cook for me, other than in restaurants, so it was a lovely treat. I've know her for nearly 21 years which is not bad considering I'm only 24! It was lovely to have a catch up and a chat with her. She cooked this Spiced Pork and Lemon Pasta for me, which is absolutely delicious, and again because it was sausage meat rather than mince it didn't have that nasty grainy texture that I don't like!



Spiced Pork and Lemon Pasta (from Good Housekeeping Cookery Book)
(Serves 4)

8 thick pork sausages
500g pasta
100ml white wine
grated zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon
large pinch of dried chilli flakes
300ml creme fraiche
2 tbsp parsley
25 parmesan cheese

Remove the skin from the sausages and pinch the meat into small pieces. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. When hot add the meat and cook for 5 mins, stir occasionally until cooked and browned.
Meanwhile cook the pasta until al dente.
Add wine to the sausage meat, bring to the boil and let it bubble, stirring for 2-3 mins until the liquid has reduced down. Add lemon juice and zest, chilli flakes and creme fraiche. season. Cook for 3-4 mins until reduced and slightly thickened.
Drain Pasta, add the sauce and sprinkle over parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment