Tuesday 15 January 2013

Avocado and Mackerel Spread

Ok, so whilst this looks and most probably sounds really disgusting it is actually really good. I have no idea how I ended up with the Juice Master book. I'm not into faddy diets that use up a lot of time but I've had the book for years and this is the only thing I ever make out of it! The original recipe uses sardines instead of mackerel but both work. It is lovely served in a pitta with some crunchy lettuce or last week I had it on sourdough bread, which was delicious too.
















Avocado and Mackerel Spread
(adapted from The Juice Master: Turbo Charge Your Life in 14 Days by Jason Vale)
(Serves 2)

1 tin mackerel fillets in brine
1 large avocado
1/2 lemon, juiced
salt and pepper

Take the skin off the avocado and the stone out then mash together the mackerel and avocado until the avocado is mostly broken down.

Add the lemon juice and season. Serve in a wholemeal pitta bread with some lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment