Monday 26 April 2010

South Beach Shrimp Salad Chop't Style

One of my favourite things to eat in the US is the large salad bowls. I was introduced to them by my sister in New York and had one in DC and one in Boston. The one I had in DC was much better than the one in Boston. In Washington I went to Chop't. I just chose one of their salad's rather than making one up of my own. I had the south beach shrimp salad which was really good. So far as I can remember it had shrimp, tomato, romaine lettuce, avocado, heart of palm and a couple of other things in it, with a sherry cucumber vinaigrette and it was so tasty.


Now I couldn't take a trip to DC without going to Julia Child's kitchen at the Smithsonian. Every since watching Julie and Julia, I have wanted to see her kitchen, and the exhibit at the Smithsonian was really good. It isn't just the kitchen, there is a whole display about her, with interviews and some of her TV shows as well as information about her life and her cooking. It was fascinating to see her actual kitchen which had been moved lock, stock and barrel from Cambridge to the Smithsonian.



No comments:

Post a Comment