Saturday, 22 April 2017

Slow Roasted Pomegranate Molasses Lamb Shoulder

So, as is traditional for Easter Sunday I made myself roast lamb. A whole 2kg shoulder of lamb, just for me! Of course I didn't eat all of it in one go but I had a pretty good portion of this last Sunday, It's meant to be served with couscous and salad. I went for Red Leicester Potato Gratin and Veg. Yum!



Slow Roasted Pomegranate Molasses Lamb Shoulder (from The Times)
(Serves 4)

1 x 2kg lamb shoulder, bone in, trimmed of excess fat
6 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
1 heaped tbsp ras el hanout
2 heaped tbsp oregano
1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
375ml beef stock
2 generous tbsp pomegranate molasses, plus extra, to serve
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 170C. Put the lamb, garlic, ras el hanout, oregano, tomato, stock, molasses, salt and pepper in a baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 3 hours, turning the lamb halfway through. Uncover and cook, meaty side up, for a further 30 mins.

Remove the bone and transfer the lamb to a serving dish. Spoon over the pan juices and drizzle with molasses. Serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment