Tuesday 17 July 2012

Spicy Crab Noodle Salad

I have taken to not eating school lunches, as I think they were probably one of the biggest factors in me gaining weight. So I am packing my own lunch everyday, which is a bit of a chore as I leave the house at 6.45am every day, but I'm actually enjoying it. I love the variety of the food, school dinners is on a four week rota, and coming up with new ideas of things to make. This crab noodle salad, is an adaptation of a pasta salad dish, but it works perfectly with noodles. The salsa was a lovely fresh addition and a change from adding peas or beans to a pasta salad.

















Spicy Crab Noodle Salad
(Serves 2)
(10 WW ProPoints per serving)

for the salsa:
4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
2 tomatoes, de-seeded and sliced
1 chilli, de-seeded and diced
1 lime, zest and juice
1 tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped

for the noodles:
170g crab, canned in brine
3 tbsp 0% fat Greek yoghurt
1 level tsp paprika
salt and pepper
1 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
120g egg noodles

Mix the salsa ingredients together and set aside to allow the flavours to develop.

Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the noodles and cook for 5 mins or according to the packet instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.

Mix the crab, mayonnaise, yogurt, paprika and seasoning into the noodles. Serve the salsa alongside or mixed in if you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment