Friday 20 July 2012

Miso Roast Salmon

I am off on holiday tomorrow to the South of France. I cannot wait for some sunshine! I am also looking forward to some good bread, a proper baguette, good wine and good cheese! I am leaving WeightWatchers back here for the week and I'm going to eat yummy stuff, not that I haven't been, just lots of cheese! I suspect that some of the philosophies of WeightWatchers will stay with me, including portion control hopefully, but I am looking forward to enjoying myself. There is also a pool at the villa so I will be swimming everyday as well as sightseeing and relaxing!

I loved this recipe, although you can see from the picture that I forgot the sesame seeds!! And I have a jar of ready toasted sesame seeds and everything!! I also served it with rice noodles which went really well.

















Miso Roast Salmon (from WeightWatchers Cooking for One)
(Serves 1)
(8 WW ProPoints per Serving)

1 tbsp miso paste
2 tsp mirin
pinch of sugar
100g boneless salmon fillet
cooking spray
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
2 tsp soy sauce

for the cucumber and soya bean salad
1/2 cucumber
1 tsp rice vinegar
pinch of sugar
1 tbsp soy beans, defrosted if seasoned

Mix together the miso paste, mirin and sugar. Put the salmon fillet on a plate and spread with the miso mixture. Refrigerate for at least 30 mins or overnight if possible.

Preheat the oven to 200C. Spray a non stick baking spray and transfer the fish to the baking tray, skin side down. Cook for 15 mins, until the fish is golden, and flakes easily.

Meanwhile, toast the sesame seeds and then make the cucumber and soya bean salad. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the cucumber into long, thin ribbons. Whisk together the sugar and vinegar. Toss with the cucumber ribbons and soya beans, then transfer to a plate. Serve with the salmon, sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds and a drizzle of soy sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment