Friday 10 February 2012

Baked Salmon with Spinach and Leeks

I'm not all that good at following these diet cookbooks and tend to use what ingredients I have in my house instead of going out and buying new lower fat versions. I have, from a long time ago, a Gillian McKeith cookbook, and although I loath the woman and disagree with most of what she says, some of the recipes looked quite tasty. But, I haven't actually made any of the recipes properly from the book but rather pimped them up to give more taste and flavour.

So I changed the topping on the salmon to make it tastier and added garlic to the spinach and leeks. I also served it with orzo and pesto, and avocado with vinaigrette.



Baked Salmon with Spinach and Leeks (adapted from You Are What You Eat Cookbook)
(Serves 4)

2 leeks, sliced
500g spinach leaves
4 salmon fillets
1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic coves, finely chopped
1 tbsp grated ginger
juice half lemon

Preheat the oven to 200C.

Gently boil or steam the leeks for 5 mins to soften.

Place the spinach leaves in a medium baking tin and top with the leeks. Place the salmon on top.

Sprinkle some old bay seasoning over the salmon and pour over the lemon juice.

Place in the oven and bake for 10 mins. Remove and allow to rest for 5 mins. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment