Saturday 4 September 2010

Presto Pasta Nights #180



This week I am privileged to be hosting Presto Pasta Nights, the brain child of Ruth at Once Upon a Feast. So if you have a pasta or noodle dish, of any type or cuisine, just email me the link at feglet98 (at) hotmail (dot) com by Thursday evening and I will add it to the round up, which will be here on Friday.

My submission to this week's round up is Tagliatelle with Mixed Seafood and Courgette.


I have to confess that I forgot to check whether I had any dill before I started cooking, so I had to use basil instead, but dill would definitely be better! I also came back from holiday to some enormous courgettes, the biggest was 2 foot, and I have slowly but surely been putting them into everything, as well as making lots and lots of soup, so feel free to leave them out if you don' t have any, this dish would be just as delicious without them.

Tagliatelle with Mixed Seafood and Courgette
(Serves 2)

1 tbsp unsalted butter
400g pack frozen mixed seafood, defrosted
1 courgette, grated
100ml vermouth or white wine
250g tagliatelle
150ml crème fraîche
2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
salt and pepper

Cook the tagliatelle according to pack instructions, then drain and return to the pan.

Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan until foaming. Add the mixed seafood and cook for 2-3 mins over a medium to high heat, stirring occasionally, add in the grated courgette and cook for 2-3 more mins.
Pour in the vermouth or wine and cook for 3-4 mins until the liquid has reduced by half and the prawns have turned pink.

Stir the crème fraîche and the dill into the seafood, heat through for 2 minutes then stir into the pasta. Season to taste and serve immediately.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nic! I found your blog through Tezscape that shared your link to presto pasta night. YOu have a lovely site and your recipes are unique and easy to follow. I will be sharing your site on my Thoughts on Friday link love so stop by http://www.amoderatelife.com on friday and say hi! I am now following your blog. :) Alex@amoderatelife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nic,

    I just emailed you my contribution for PPN 180. Hope it isnt too late :)

    Anu Menon

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been tackling giant courgettes recently too - sadly not grown by me though. this looks like a great way to use them up

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know. I'm a big fan of dill too but basil is awfully good too!

    I'm always hard pressed to decide between the two (although the insects have helped me a lot this year. Our basil is doing really well but something (butterfly larvae??) ate ALL our dill so we have to go out and buy dill now if we want to use it.

    ReplyDelete