Monday 22 August 2016

Eating Out - Northumberland Edition

So I spent last weekend in Warkworth with my Mum. We had some delicious eats in our short time there. The first is a Chocolate and Almond Croissant and the most heavenly dark chocolate Hot Chocolate from Cabosse in Warkworth. The Chocolate Almond Croissant is also out of this world, flaky, almondy, chocolatey, just perfect. So perfect, that in the space of 4 days I had 2!
















We went of to Amble for dinner on Friday night. We went to The Old Boat House in the harbour for one of the best meals I have had in the North East. We started with Scallops, Belly Pork with Sweetcorn Puree, which was really tasty and a lovely combination of flavours.
















For main course I had Stonebass with Lentils, Mushrooms, Samphire and Chorizo. It was exquisite, really very tasty and again a really interesting mix of flavours and textures.





















My Mum had Red Mullet with Crab Risotto, the risotto was so full of crab.

















For pudding I went for the Passionfruit Tart with Caramelised Bananas and Ice Cream. This was also yummy.

















We went back to Cabosse for lunch on Sunday. I went for a Northumberland Nettle Quiche, which came with a Green Salad, Beetroot Salad and Tikka Relish. The texture of the custard was just so smooth and I loved the different salads.

















We also went shopping in Amble and to the fish shop on the main street. We had a selection of smoked and cooked fish. We went for baked herring, roll mop, smoked salmon, prawns, smoked kipper pate and crab. It was a delicious selection of local seafood. We also had a red pepper salad, green salad and coleslaw.


No comments:

Post a Comment