Wednesday 11 April 2012

Leek, Potato and Cheese Tortilla

I have been trying out lots of new recipes and weirdly I've never made a tortilla before. I had some leeks from my Uncle Stan's allotment so I found this potato, leek and cheese tortilla recipe. Simple but delicious and great with brown sauce!



Leek, Potato and Cheese Tortilla (from Good Food Magazine May 2008)
(Serves 4)

butter, for frying
1 leek, thinly sliced
225g potatoes cooked and cooled (about 1-2 medium size ones)
6 eggs
85g cheddar
1tbsp chives, finely chopped
1/2tsp smoked paprika

Melt a knob of butter in a medium, nonstick frying pan, then cook the leek for about 5 mins until softened. Meanwhile, cut the potatoes in half, then into slices about ½cm thick. Beat the eggs, season, then stir in the cheese and sage.

Add a little extra butter to the pan if needed, tip in the potatoes, then the egg mixture. Turn the heat to low, then cook for 10 mins until nearly set. Place under a hot grill, then cook for a couple of mins more until the top is set and golden. Slice into wedges and serve with a green salad.



I used the tortilla to make a bento, my first one for ages. I served it with the potato and okra salad from the day before, coleslaw, cherry tomatoes and cheddar. The blue pot has brown sauce in it to dip the tortilla in.

No comments:

Post a Comment